Menu

Poll: What are you ordering in your Angel Food order this month?

I'm thinking we'll get one of each box:

Basic (normally I'd do more of these but this month's is eh)

Senior (DH uses them for work and now that I'll be working OTH so much)

Thanksgiving

I'm thinking of ordering an additional Thanksgiving box for either my next door neighbor who is struggling or one of my homeschool clients who is struggling.

• 1 year later...
I'm thinking we'll get one of each box:

Basic (normally I'd do more of these but this month's is eh)

Senior (DH uses them for work and now that I'll be working OTH so much)

Thanksgiving

I'm thinking of ordering an additional Thanksgiving box for either my next door neighbor who is struggling or one of my homeschool clients who is struggling.

That's really nice of you to think of your neighbor and/or client.

What is the quality of the food that comes in the box? I've never ordered from this particular organization, but did order a SHARE food box many years ago and I was not impressed with the produce (and I have fairly low standards).

:seeya: Hi! Angel Food Peeps here. We're not ordering anymore, but for about a year and a half, that was the only groceries we bought. We would've been up Poopy Creek without a paddle if it weren't for the AFN. :001_huh: We have 6 people in our family and I think it had cut our grocery bill into a third of what it was (and there was more food).

I think we did the Thanksgiving Box and the Christmas Box. I was always very happy with the meat and produce. I'm not a big fan of processed stuff - like macaroni...but the fruit/meat that we bought was always fine. I think the dessert stuff was good, too.

Ah, sigh. I kinda miss the meat box...:D You need a big freezer, tho. :tongue_smilie:

There is one in my area now! I have been looking for a long time and there was nothing near me.

I think I will order. The price looks good even when I compare it with sale prices. I am a bit concerned about the fruit, though. Is it really good and flavorful?

Edited by Photo Ninja

I think I will order. The price looks good even when I compare it with sale prices. I am a bit concerned about the fruit, though. Is it really good and flavorful?

Yeah, the fruit we always got was pretty good. I thought the meat was excellent, so we always bought the Meat Box (it usually had a bunch of steaks in it). You can always order a little bit of stuff, try it and see if it's OK for you.

Like Joanne was saying, at holidays, they sell seperate Holiday Boxes (like the Christmas Box) and it comes with everything you need to cook a huge meal (I think they said for 7 or something).