Menu

Usbourne Science Encyclopedia: Paperback or Hardback

rainbowmama

We've had ours for about 4-5 years, giving it daily use for much of that time. It is worn on the cover but still intact and not in any danger of losing pages or anything.

My dd is really hard on books. If it were up to me, she'd absorb the content via osmosis and never crack the spines. :)

• Like 1

We've had ours for about 4-5 years, giving it daily use for much of that time. It is worn on the cover but still intact and not in any danger of losing pages or anything.

My dd is really hard on books. If it were up to me, she'd absorb the content via osmosis and never crack the spines. :)

Was this hardcover or soft cover?

There is another difference between the 2 - the hardcover is larger than the paperback (physically not content). So if I were you I'd see if you can see them in person so you know which you'd prefer. I think the paperback is about 2/3 the size so the text and pictures will be smaller (not too small to read by any means) so make sure you'd be happy with that over the larger hardback. I do believe the paperback is made well and should last with no issues though.

• Like 1

I have the same trouble with the glue in my softcover! I was going to suggest getting the hardcover, because my soft did not last long before the binding had issues because of it. My copy is 6 years old. Maybe they have corrected the problem since then, but it happened immediately, when it was new. 

• Like 2

I have the same trouble with the glue in my softcover! I was going to suggest getting the hardcover, because my soft did not last long before the binding had issues because of it. My copy is 6 years old. Maybe they have corrected the problem since then, but it happened immediately, when it was new. 

My hardcover is around that old, and it had problems right out of the gate. 

Nice thicker pages, the rest of the book is great, but the binding!  Oy!