Menu

If you've used Saxon/Hake Grammar 5-8 - what grammar for HS?

My dd14 just finished Saxon Grammar 8. She's very good at grammar, but I don't want her to lose it.  I'm unsure what to do for grammar for high school, especially based on SWB's recommendation in TWTM to continue with grammar in high school, at least through 9th and 10th.  My dd wants to be an author/writer/editor, so I feel like I really shouldn't drop grammar completely, even though I know many people do at this point.  SWB recommends R&S or AG, and I am not compelled to go either of those routes.  I tried R&S back in 3rd grade, and AG in 6th after Saxon 5 (and dd begged to go back to Saxon) and didn't find them to be a great fit.  Saxon was perfect for her.   I've considered trying IEW Fix It but not sure about that and am having a hard time deciding which book to start in (she did the placement test, but it wasn't super helpful).  I own BJU 9, because it came with the BJU Lit I ordered but I think it looks too easy for her (although maybe it would be OK for review).  

I do want to continue with some grammar in high school at least as review, so if you've used something after Saxon 8, I'd love to hear about it.

• Like 1