Menu

feminism--can someone explain the different varieties?

maize

So you think that baby formulas are all whipped out of... what, tar and play-dough? Instead of, perhaps, being made from milk and plants?

And while I certainly agree that breastmilk is the norm, I don't think we can realistically say that a person who lives to be in their 70s with all their faculties intact was "poisoned" by having formula as an infant. I think that's a very ridiculous and "dumb" statement. (And no. I didn't know what the hell you were referring to. I still don't quite know - why don't you look at an ingredient list and pull out the specifics?)

Organic milk from cows that have not been pumped full of growth hormones, antibiotics, etc. fed with grass that has not been treated with pesticides or other dangerous artificial chemicals. It's not the formula per se but that it's a product of Big Agra factory farming that puts profits ahead of health and a clean environment.

Organic milk from cows that have not been pumped full of growth hormones, antibiotics, etc. fed with grass that has not been treated with pesticides or other dangerous artificial chemicals. It's not the formula per se but that it's a product of Big Agra factory farming that puts profits ahead of health and a clean environment.

What do you think human moms have been eating?

• Like 1

That's a great point! I agree completely. I have lost comrades because I say things like "it's lazy to say you're not feminist because of bad feminists"

But I do want to put it out there that a LOT of people are primed to believe the "bad feminists" [i'm using short hand here] and not the steadfast ones. And to just passively believe that feminism hates men and babies and the rest. Because feminism... Real, basic feminism... Takes society to task and it's squirmy and uncomfortable.

Duh. Abusive Crap 101. Use someone's self against them so you don't have to put any effort into abusing them because they're doing the work themselves.

I don't think the only reason that a lot of women, in particular, avoid the label is just that they think radical weirdos represent the whole.  

Perhaps not, but when they refuse to understand and remember that man hating, motherhood hating ranters do not represent the entire history of feminist thought, I feel a wee bit impatient.