Menu

maybe another peri problem? Burning tongue?

SparklyUnicorn

I get this when I haven't been drinking enough water. Can you start pushing liquids, even if you're not actually thirsty, and see if that helps?

I drink a lot of water during the day.  I've always got a drink with me.

It comes and goes.  It's not constant and at the moment it's tolerable.  Gum is sufficiently distracting most of the time too.

It is listed as a menopause problem on a website that is called something like 34 symptoms of menopause.  Maybe check with your ob/gyn?  I take low-dose bcp which greatly helps my perimenopause symptoms.  I never had burning tongue, though, sorry.  But it is listed as having something to do with estrogen and pain sensors on the tongue.

It is listed as a menopause problem on a website that is called something like 34 symptoms of menopause.  Maybe check with your ob/gyn?  I take low-dose bcp which greatly helps my perimenopause symptoms.  I never had burning tongue, though, sorry.  But it is listed as having something to do with estrogen and pain sensors on the tongue.

I'm going to make an appointment.  I can't take any hormonal anything so there isn't much I can do about it, but I am curious enough to want to find out if it's a symptom. 

It's a side effect of metformin for me. Probably my least favorite side effect, having had it for 10+ years now.

ACT makes a dry mouth rinse that gives relief for a couple of hours for me. Gum helps as well.

I've been using various Biotene products.  Not really noticing much of a difference.  My mouth is not dry though.  So that's the baffling part.  Gum does help.  I think the mintiness distracts from the burning feeling. 

I've been using various Biotene products.  Not really noticing much of a difference.  My mouth is not dry though.  So that's the baffling part.  Gum does help.  I think the mintiness distracts from the burning feeling. 

Yeah - Biotene doesnt touch it for me.  I don't have any dry mouth - just the burning feeling.  I tried a lot of different mouth rinses before I found one that worked.

My mom developed this during a period of great stress - her mother's final illness and a sister's critical illness - and unfortunately it hasn't gone away. It comes and goes unpredictably, and every doctor she's seen about it has just shrugged.

Sorry this is happening to you.