Menu

Questions about Western Michigan and Marquette University

elegantlion

I asked about weather for these areas on the chat board, now I'm curious about the schools. I've read some of the previous threads on Western Michigan, but am curious about housing on/around campus and general atmosphere. This would be for me for graduate school. 

Western Michigan has a program that might be a better fit, but Marquette is smaller (which I'd prefer). 

So what should I know about these schools when I'm considering applications? 

As it stands, I have two in-state schools I'll be applying to, but would like to add 1-2 out of state schools that meet my very specific criteria. 

I can't help you with inside information, but joining the conversation since dd has Marquette on her list. We visited the school last Spring and she really liked it. She loved the psychology department. She want an urban setting. We are concerned that she might not be able to attend their scholarship competition since, based upon past I gormation, it is likely to fall on the same weekend as Nationals for climbing. We'd have to see where the money comes in.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I can't help you with inside information, but joining the conversation since dd has Marquette on her list. We visited the school last Spring and she really liked it. She loved the psychology department. She want an urban setting. We are concerned that she might not be able to attend their scholarship competition since, based upon past I gormation, it is likely to fall on the same weekend as Nationals for climbing. We'd have to see where the money comes in.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm glad to hear she liked it. I visited another Jesuit university in an urban setting recently. Great atmosphere, but just not the right fit for my area of interest.