Menu

How do I fix this computer issue?

Night Elf

I have Windows 10. Before it did a big update, when I clicked on a link in a window it would open it in a new tab. When I was in my gmail account, that would happen. Now, when I click on a link, it opens in that same tab. I've tried looking at the settings in the options. The only thing I see remotely involving this is already checked, Open New Windows in a New Tab Instead. I need to set it again to open links in new tabs. Any idea how to do this? Dumb update!!

• Like 1

I have Windows 10. Before it did a big update, when I clicked on a link in a window it would open it in a new tab. When I was in my gmail account, that would happen. Now, when I click on a link, it opens in that same tab. I've tried looking at the settings in the options. The only thing I see remotely involving this is already checked, Open New Windows in a New Tab Instead. I need to set it again to open links in new tabs. Any idea how to do this? Dumb update!!

Did you restart after changing the setting and trying it then?

• Like 1

The computer just updated again. Now when I click on a link, it tries to open the link in the current tab but Firefox prevents it and I have to hit Allow if I want it to open. If I just hit Cancel the page is white and I have to hit back to get back to my email messages.

I'm quite annoyed. It's working in Edge. I hate to switch browsers.

The computer just updated again. Now when I click on a link, it tries to open the link in the current tab but Firefox prevents it and I have to hit Allow if I want it to open. If I just hit Cancel the page is white and I have to hit back to get back to my email messages.

I'm quite annoyed. It's working in Edge. I hate to switch browsers.

Did you check your Firefox settings too?

I am having issues with Edge being a resource/memory hog right now and making my computer lag/freeze up.2  I have been working with Costco concierge to figure it out.  20 hours of tech support and they can't figure out if I am having software or hardware issues. 

Did you check your Firefox settings too?

I am having issues with Edge being a resource/memory hog right now and making my computer lag/freeze up.2  I have been working with Costco concierge to figure it out.  20 hours of tech support and they can't figure out if I am having software or hardware issues. 

Thanks for the heads up about Edge. I'm trying out Chrome too.