Menu

Discover and Do supplies list

Sarah0000

I'm planning to use Discover and Do DVDs with the accompanying Usborne Science Activity books next year (is it just the three book volumes so that two of the dvds don't have accompanying books?). I use charter funds and I can't purchase directly through Sonlight so I will be purchasing through Rainbow Resources. Anyone know where I can find a supply list so I can order everything all at once?

Or if anyone would be so kind to list the things they wouldn't have had around the house anyway? Or to the list the most commonly used items?

It seems like every science activity book says "uses only household supplies" but I've never found that to be 100% the case. I plan for this to be somewhat independent and to have a big tub of supplies that I can take out when DS watches the videos.

Thank you.

Most of the supplies are available at Home Science Tools which I can pay for with my charter funds. I'm going to pick up the RSO Physics Kit from there because it has a lot of the supplies already plus a few extra tools which would be fun to use, then I just need to add something like eight of the smaller items to finish up the supplies (wooden spool, ping pong ball, yeast, etc). I think the only things I couldn't find between them and RR are talcum powder, coffee filters, and peat pots which are no big deal.

Bookshark isn't an approved vendor. I can request it but that will take time assuming the company will even be interested. But I do like their history literature packages for future years so I will try. In the meantime the RSO kit plus extras looks better than all those individual SL kits anyway.

Thanks for mentioning that.