Menu

book about BPD on sale

maize

I just wanted to say thank you again.  I'm not quite 1/3 through because it's just so hard to take in.  On an intellectual level, I can withhold blame and judgment.  I feel awful for anyone and everyone who suffers this way.

On a personal level, I feel helpless and hopeless.  My only options for protecting myself and my family from repeated and nearly constant fallout are the very things that nearly all people with BPD fear.  Talk about feeding a cycle!

The empath in me will insist on eventually finishing the book, but I'm not going to like it.  I guess that's not a normal thing to say in a thank you, lol, but it'll have to do, given the context!

• Like 2

I just wanted to say thank you again. I'm not quite 1/3 through because it's just so hard to take in. On an intellectual level, I can withhold blame and judgment. I feel awful for anyone and everyone who suffers this way.

On a personal level, I feel helpless and hopeless. My only options for protecting myself and my family from repeated and nearly constant fallout are the very things that nearly all people with BPD fear. Talk about feeding a cycle!

The empath in me will insist on eventually finishing the book, but I'm not going to like it. I guess that's not a normal thing to say in a thank you, lol, but it'll have to do, given the context!

Mental illness almost always seems to have both a primary victim (the person suffering from the disorder) and secondary victims--family and other community members.

Obviously successful treatment for the primary victim is the ideal, but where that is not possible we are often limited to damage control--which sometimes means doing whatever we have to to protect the secondary victims.

It is always hard and never simple :(

BPD is treatable but there are serious barriers to accessing effective treatment--including resistance on the part of the person affected.

• Like 1