Menu

has anyone else ever un-weaned a child?

maize

Or is this something that only I get myself into?!?

Really I am not fond of tandem nursing, but I either can't get my toddlers weaned before the baby comes or I can't keep them weaned after the baby arrives!

On the plus side my two year old has started napping again now that she can nurse herself to sleep...

Edited by maize

I wish I could tandem nurse, but I just cannot. My body just totally rejects my older one when the new baby comes. I can tolerate nursing up until about 2 months before the new baby comes,but thats it. My heart wants to tandem nurse, but my body says Noooooo. More power to you if you feel up to it. I'm sure thats super sweet. I had to wean my last 2 and this time I swore I wont get pregnant until she has self weaned. Weaning breaks my heart.

• Like 1

Other than wanting to throw my toddler across the room when nursing sometimes (so glad a friend warned me that that was normal, because it's a scary feeling!), I tandem nursed for a year after my second was born. Then I was just done, and sort of abruptly weaned my then 3 year old. I still feel bad that I pushed him before he was really ready, but I just couldn't do it anymore.

• Like 1

I wish I could tandem nurse, but I just cannot. My body just totally rejects my older one when the new baby comes. I can tolerate nursing up until about 2 months before the new baby comes,but thats it. My heart wants to tandem nurse, but my body says Noooooo. More power to you if you feel up to it. I'm sure thats super sweet. I had to wean my last 2 and this time I swore I wont get pregnant until she has self weaned. Weaning breaks my heart.

I can't stand nursing when pregnant either--which has motivated me to wean four of my kids during pregnancy. Two of those, however, ended up nursing again once the new baby arrived.

My other two kids I did nurse clear through a pregnancy and kept on nursing after.

I hate weaning. But yes my body and mind have their limits...

Yeah, no tandem nursing here. My milk falls off a cliff and the sensation drives me crazy to boot.

Edited by Arctic Mama