Menu

Shampoo and hair loss?

solascriptura

Periodically, I've seen threads about hair loss so I know that I'm not alone!  Thank goodness!  I do notice that with some shampoos that my hair loss seems more aggressive.  I currently have a shampoo that I thought was helping, but then the hair loss increased again.  Oddly enough, although the brand is the same, some bottles seem to have white colored shampoo and sometimes it seems slightly orange.  It's the Jason Biotin Shampoo by the way.  

Have you found a shampoo that seems to help?  I know that certain ingredients are blamed for the hair loss, but that seems inconclusive too.  Please share what you find helps.  

TIA!

My hair cycles. Some months, I lose so much that I swear it looks like I'm going bald (that's actually not an exaggeration), and some months, I only lose a normal amount. No idea why. Not related to food or season or shampoo (I use only conditioner anyways). I used to think hormones, but I never saw a definitive correlation. It could be any one of these things for you, or none of them, unfortunately.

What keeps it to a dull roar when it gets bad is less water pressure on my head and very, very gentle detangling with a gentle product.

Any dietary changes?

Nope. I've been tracking my hair loss for a while unfortunately. I am fortunate that I had a lot of hair to begin with but it's most definitely thinning. Cheap shampoos aggravated it because I know that SLS is a culprit. Just wondering if anyone else noticed a correlation and what shampoo they found to help.