Menu

How do I make a video collage

KungFuPanda

Let's say I'm not the most technically agile person, but I'm willing to tinker and figure it out.  What is the easiest way to make a video collage with a windows laptop?  I want to cut snippets of video that are a few seconds long, string them together, remove their sound, and put a song on top of it.  I don't need the music to sync up to the movement on the video; just play as background.  I googled, but the list is a bit long and confusing and I thought one of you might know the simplest way to do this.  TIA

Is it an old enough laptop to have Windows Movie Maker? Everything up to Windows 10 would have it, I think.

If so, it's very easy to use. Drag the clip of video, you can adjust the start & end time of each video so it shows the part you want, you can turn down the video sound and then add background music over the whole thing and tell it to set priority to the music, etc. It's pretty user friendly; I was able to figure it out on my own, and I'm not techy, at all. 

If you don't have Movie Maker, then I'm no help at all.

Just a warning re: windows movie maker. I spent days, if not weeks, making a beautiful wedding video for my niece but was never able to burn it to CD. It wasn't compatible for some reason. I tried everything, including downloading programs to try to make them compatible. I ended up taking my laptop to the venue and playing on their system, however, the music would not play. The DJ helped improvise with music, but it just wasn't the same. I'll never use this program again, so frustrating.

If you find something that works, please share! I used to subscribe to an online service for them, but they went out of business. I love making picture videos.

Huh, I've never had that problem before. There are several different "save as" options, including most of the standard video formats; you do have to be careful to copy/burn the video, not the project; when you finish you have to save it as a video/movie in order to burn that to CD (the project itself will only open in Movie Maker; the saved video depends how you save it, but most of the standard options are there). 

I wonder if you used an older version than me, and they've fixed it since then. 

I can get a photo collage easily through youtube, but I want to edit video. My laptop doesn't have movie maker, but I may try downloading it. Hopefully I can find it somewhere. I'll keep ya posted as this old dog learns new tricks. I may have to settle for the photo collage for this event if I don't get my act together in the next few days.