Menu

ok so what was that recipe with the spaghetti squash...

SparklyUnicorn

Hmmm... looks like I didn't follow the recipe exactly. It's my mom's potato casserole recipe, and I winged it with the squash and ham. This makes a ton, you can half it. I think it reheats better than potatoes, though.

2 lbs. cooked/strained spaghetti squash -> I used one of those "oops left this in the garden too long" squash, two smaller ones might be the same amount.

1/2 c. chopped onion (you can omit this, I know about your onion aversion!)

1/4 tsp. pepper (I probably used more)

1 16oz. tub sour cream

1 can cream of chicken soup (I make a homemade GF version with a roux/milk/broth)

2 c. sharp cheddar cheese

1 tsp. salt (probably less if you add ham)

1/4 c. melted butter

+ chopped ham

Mix it all together in a big bowl, add ham until it looks like enough. Tongs work better than a spoon with the stringy squash. Pour into a greased baking dish and bake at 350 for 35-40ish minutes, until it's hot all the way through. Add more cheese to top if you want. The original recipe has the crushed cornflakes mixed with butter, but that seems weird with squash instead of potatoes.

It seems like I must have thrown some other seasonings in but I can't remember what.

If it doesn't work because I forgot something I apologize! As long as the squash isn't too damp or overcooked, it should work.

• Like 2

Wow I missed this the first time. AND I have a ham in the oven at this very moment so looks like I know what I will be doing with the leftovers!! :)