Menu

Quick question about food allowed on plane

Kassia

If I buy Uncrustables pb&j, do they have to go in the quart size bags?  Our quart size bags are stuffed and I was hoping I could carry the uncrustables separately since they are packaged, but I don't want them to get tossed.

Edited by Erica H

If the concern is whether jelly is food or liquid, take a look at the foods list on TSA.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/food

(several pages of food there)

On things like ice cream that is melting, it specifically says in the bag.  But with jelly and then later with peanut butter, no mention of the quart bag.  And of course on that part of TSA site you are encouraged to take a pic and contact tsa via social media for clarification.  There are limits on it for carry on, but they don't seem to have to go in the quart bag.  verify with them of course.

• Like 1

YMMV, I have heard people travel with jelly/spreads type stuff, but we (and others I know) have lost sandwiches over mayo, mustard, PB, etc. Even the PB packets (those individual sized serving cups/pouches) to squeeze on crackers.

I would have a back up plan if I were you, just be prepared you might get to keep it, you might not. They took a cutie (those peelable tangerines) from DH.

Seems to depend on airport maybe? LAX is very strict, as is Chicago, Atlanta, NY. Maybe small airports would be ok.

• Like 1