Menu

Experience with MathHelp.com? (Used to be YourTeacher.com)

My son used it for Algebra 2 a few years ago, and it was a hit! He'd completed MUS Algebra 1 and Geometry, but wanted a curriculum with daily, not weekly videos. I also purchased a cheap textbook to use for reference (Introductory and Intermediate Algebra for College Students by Blitzer). I purchased the subscription to MathHelp through a group buy at the Homeschool Buyers Co-op with a nice discount. I do have to say that the course is fairly short, though covers the Common Core standards. My son was able to complete it in just a few months, which was our goal at that time (I'd had him do an Algebra 1 review for the first half of that year, because he felt like he'd forgotten much of it during the previous year when he did Geometry).

Edited by daveswife

YourTeacher used to be a summer freebie on Homeschool Buyers Coop. I agree the guy is monotonous, but the lessons are well-organized. I used the free summer offer to push last few math topics one year, but never used it as a main curriculum.

I think a class where a human reads your work and gives feedback would be better.

YourTeacher used to be a summer freebie on Homeschool Buyers Coop. I agree the guy is monotonous, but the lessons are well-organized. I used the free summer offer to push last few math topics one year, but never used it as a main curriculum.

I think a class where a human reads your work and gives feedback would be better.

Yes, that's definitely true if you want a course where you need to be hands-off. MathHelp has worksheets in addition to the few automatically graded problems. I marked the worksheets and provided any additional teaching my son needed, but I wasn't looking to outsource.