Menu

mail order clothing

leeannpal

I've had two Stitch Fixes and don't regret getting either one. I'll probably try again in the future, though it isn't something I plan to do regularly. I bought one item from each shipment and was also able to find the same jeans and a very similar cardigan on Poshmark for much cheaper. I think it's definitely worth trying out, and it's simple enough to return anything you don't want (the turn-around time is short, though, so you don't have much time to try everything on and decide).The clothing items are fairly expensive compared to similar items elsewhere IMHO, but you can set your target prices before you order a Fix. I don't mind paying more for a quality item if I really like it and know I will wear it. I especially like the cards they send with suggestions on how to pair the items with other clothing and accessories.

• Like 1

I tried Stitch Fix, but found they sent me too much "mall-style" clothing, and didn't really get my personal style even though I sent extensive notes and even created a Pinterest page.  I did keep a few nice items, but I find I like to do my own personal Stitch Fix by ordering about a dozen items I like from Nordstrom or Boden or ThredUp, trying them on, and then sending back what I don't like.  It is very easy with free shipping both ways.  I think ThredUp might charge a small return shipping fee, but it is so much fun to get nice designer items for regular prices.

• Like 1

I tried StitchFix once, and the clothes were nice but they weren't personalized at all. I told them the minimum inseam length I need on pants, they sent jeans that were too short. I told them I like solid colors more than prints, they sent stripes and prints. I said that I like my clothes to be fitted, the tops they sent were oversized and boxy. So I don't think it's as personalized as they claim. I kind of felt like they just sent whatever they happened to have in my size.

I tried StitchFix twice. My first box had a few items I liked. The second, nothing was worth keeping.

It isn't personal shopping. The labels in the box are (mostly) their own labels. They manufacture clothes that will fit/flatter most body types and just ship them out. Personally, I felt disappointed and cheated by that.

• Like 1