Menu

Need baked oatmeal help NOW!

Carrie12345

Please and thank you!

We often use a baked oatmeal recipe I got here, so I decided to use it for my cooking class today. And left the recipe on my counter!!!

The search gave me too many not right posts.

What I know:

375*

Oats (maybe 3 cups?)

Brown sugar

Eggs (calls for 2, we use 3.)

Milk 2 cups

Baking Powder

Salt

Vanilla

Butter (1/2 cup, I think.)

We cook at 11. Who can help me?!?

Yep, Mrs. Mungo's baked oatmeal. I'm in the club now :-) I needed an easy, yummy, but cheap dish for a crowd and this was perfect. I made one tray following the recipe exactly and another with puréed bananas and some almonds added. Three people have requested the recipe.

Here it is again, because it would be mean to talk about it and not share :-). I didn't even test it first. I just made two trays this morning and let it bake while I got ready for co-op. I've already decided that the next tray will get some apples and walnuts! Maybe pumpkin and spices!

THANKS Mrs. Mungo!!!

------------------------------------

Copied from another thread. Mrs Mungo speaking here:

Here is my baked oatmeal recipe:

3 cups oatmeal

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup butter

2 eggs

2 cups milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all ingredients together (I soften the butter and cut it into the dry ingredients before mixing in the wet ingredients) and pour into 13 x 9 inch buttered pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.

I add chopped almonds and blueberries and/or bananas after it's finished cooking.

Eta: You can add an extra egg or two, if you are looking to up the calories and/or protein. It won't change the texture or anything.

Edited by Mrs Mungo, 27 July 2012 - 10:37 AM.

• Like 2

Now that I'm home, I just wanted to say thanks properly.  You really saved my rear!  I wouldn't have minded winging it at home, but I had a bunch of tweens to teach.  One of the main themes of my class has been to learn how a recipe works and tastes AND THEN play with it, lol.

We happened to throw in some chocolate chips for kid appeal.  Only 1 student didn't partake, which is great.  Most had seconds!

• Like 1