Menu

Tall Lee jeans

Night Elf

I had to go down a size in jeans and they don't have a tall size in this lower size. I even looked online. Why do they assume someone in this size must not have long legs? I don't know whether or not to keep them. I guess they're okay right now but won't they shrink after several washings? Do I chance it? It's my favorite brand and style of jeans. I've worn it for years in all kinds of sizes, through ups and downs. The last time I went shopping, I tried on every style the store had and I didn't like anything except this brand and style.

I'm leery of buying jeans online because I would have to buy different sizes and try them all on, then go to the trouble of repacking and mailing back. I have such a hard time with a fit as it is. I have a feeling trying to buy clothes online will turn into a circus.

Jeans always shrink for me, so I would return them unless you're only going to wear them with flip flops or something with no heel whatsoever.

I've worn Lucky brand for years and they recently stopped making 36" inseams. I almost cried, so have been going through something similar. I actually ordered some Gap jeans online a few weeks ago, because they are one of the few companies that make a 36" inseam that doesn't look like nerdy Mom jeans. It was a risk, but they fit true to size and I didn't have to return them. You might call your local Gap store and see if they have any in-stock. You could try them on there and avoid the risk of online. They were about half the price of Lucky's too which was a plus! I thought I would end up at Buckle paying $150 a pair, because that is one place that always has extra long lengths......

One other place you might check is Academy if you have one locally. Occasionally they will carry the longs in Levi's. I know that doesn't solve your fit issues, but it's at least alternative for a brand that makes long lengths. 

I might go to the mall next weekend. I can look at Gap. I've never tried that store before.

I decided to keep the Lee jeans though because I only paid $11 for them. There was no sign up that they were on sale but for that amount of money, I can wear them until I find something better.

I might go to the mall next weekend. I can look at Gap. I've never tried that store before.

I decided to keep the Lee jeans though because I only paid $11 for them. There was no sign up that they were on sale but for that amount of money, I can wear them until I find something better.

$11 is awesome!! If they shrink, you can always cut them off and make them capris later! :) 

I feel your pain. I need 36" inseams too and they are almost impossible to come by, save Levi's. I have some form Long Tall Sally (ordered online) and they are okay but were really pricey and I wouldn't order them again as there were some minor construction issues that didn't mean sending back but that bug me all teh same.