Menu

Online study skills class?

mysticmomma

Well, I thought Memoria Press had one, but I was wrong. I looked a few more places before I found something. I remember more of them being available last time I looked. (I taught it myself to eldest. DD#2 doesn't need it, IMO. I might have to drag my materials back out for dd#3. Otherwise, I might outsource by the time ds#1 needs it.)

Kolbe Academy has a summer study skills class. (This is the link to last summer's description.)

The Potters School has a Study Skills class for 7th grade and up. (They also have an Elementary Study Skills class.) This provider is going to teach the class with a very Christian outlook.

The Homeschool Connections ones are all full for this summer already. 

Edited to add: Classical Academic Press has study skills classes called, "How to Be a Student." They are offering two sections this summer, one in the fall, and one in the spring. The caveat is that the class is for 10-12th graders.

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 1

Williamsburg Academy middle school Leadership class was not particularly study skills (didn't cover note taking for example) but it was a great developmental class when my DD was in 6th. Covered time management, organization, goal setting, and did Crocodiles International training. There were weekly readings, writing, book discussions, videos and other things to do, etc. The class met 4 days a week x30 minutes (M-Th) with about 12 kids in each class.

Edited by Targhee
  • Like 1