Menu

Science program with Let's Read and found out type books or other living books?

Kendall

Is there a science curriculum out there that uses Let's Read and Find Out science books or other nice living picture books?  This would be for a friend who will have a 1st grader next year.  She feels like she needs a plan to keep her accountable.  The just-use-library-books plan didn't work for her this year.

Thanks

• Like 1

I believe the enrichment sets from Memoria Press for K and 1 use those sorts of books. If she doesn't want to buy the whole sets, she can always just buy the guide and then the individual books she wants........

I love the Let's Read and Find Out books!!! Here's an ordered list that I've followed for this year (1st Grade). I have not gotten the supplemental books or done the projects, just read the LRAFO books in order. 

http://fromtherootsup.blogspot.com/2008/09/oak-meadow-science-our-nature-studies_26.html

The reason we didn't do the supplemental books or projects each week is that my 1st grade DD is taking a science enrichment class each week. Otherwise I would have added in the other books and projects on the list.