Menu

Legends and Leagues Geography

My4arrows

I used the first one-the more picture book-y one. I think it's just called Legends and Leagues (whereas the others are called Legends and Leagues West-or whatever). I was unimpressed. It was basically a picture book talking about what a map is, a compass, parallels, equator, continents, borders are imaginary, Stuff we'd already covered in our previous geography. However, I am interested in looking at one of the other books, as they appear to be different.

But that's what the first, basic, overview, for younger kids (I would say K-1) is like.

We are using Legends and Leagues (the primer, picture book) this year for K and 1, and we love it. My kids think the story is interesting. The meat of the curriculum is in the workbook. We have completed several fun projects, and today we labeled our wall map with US landmarks.

We enjoy it so much that I went ahead and purchased Legends and Leagues SOUTH for next school year. It hasn't come in yet, but when it does, I can post more information on it.

We will have easily completed the primer in less than one semester. So, I bet you probably could complete two books in one year.

• Like 1

I'm considering using this curriculum next school year for 2nd and 4th grade. From what I understand, you should be able to do 2 books per year. My plan is to do South and then East if we like it. Here's a thread that may be helpful...

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/529972-legends-leagues-west-review/

thanka for the link! That helps. We are going to grab the upper level ones for next year I think.
  • Like 1