Menu

CTC math for Algebra?? CTC recommends as supplemental....

On phone and can't link. Look on Homeschool Buyer's Co-op website under math offerings. CTC is usually offered at a discount there and there should be an explanation video.

It is self-paces video instruction/problems from Kindergarten through Calculus. Also has separate math fact practice drills and some games. Lessons can be repeated as often as needed. It generates new problems each time you do a lesson. After finishing a lesson the results are shown on screen so you can see where and why any errors might have been made.

I think CLE works well as a spine with CTC as a great supplement but you could probably do CTC as a spine. Just build in some review work on paper to confirm understanding and possibly supplemt with some additional word problems.

The cost is per family and all students have access to all levels so if your student is excelling in some areas and struggling a bit in others they can go as far forward and backward as they need in each individual area.

Edited by OneStepAtATime

You changed your OP so let me add to my response. CTC covers a lot but to really be an in-depth Algebra program I think students are going to need more exposure to more problems of a wider variety. That's why I say coupling CLE with CTC (since you mentioned CLE originally) would work. You could do just CTC but would need to build in some review and possibly more in depth word problems and additional work on paper. Great as a supplement. Not as robust as your only source.

You changed your OP so let me add to my response. CTC covers a lot but to really be an in-depth Algebra program I think students are going to need more exposure to more problems of a wider variety. That's why I say coupling CLE with CTC (since you mentioned CLE originally) would work. You could do just CTC but would need to build in some review and possibly more in depth word problems and additional work on paper. Great as a supplement. Not as robust as your only source.

I am thinking about switching to CLE from Teaching Textbooks. It is not working with my dd who has learning issues with math.  DH wants her to get the high school math to graduate instead of certificiate of completion.  So we have a lot of work to do.  :)  She is doing diagnostic tests this week.

CTC price is doable for me.  I am confused a bit by the CTC site.....That homeschool price is for the whole program or per program?

Holly

• Like 1