Menu

Algebra 1

Hi Hive,

My head is spinning with online classes and curriculums for next year. I am sleepless. My DD10 is doing Jacobs Algebra with Veritas press. I enrolled her in Geometry with WHA next year. She is doing excellent with Jacobs. She finds it very easy. My plan is to keep reviewing Algebra with Forester next year while she does Geometry online. Does WHA Geometry review Algebra? Am I making the right decision. She wants to do Algebra based physics as well. I am looking at Honors Algebra with WHA again. But I am not so sure with the age. From the info, do you think she will be able to handle it?

Please advise!!!

I think your plan sounds fine as long as she is solid in Algebra 1 by next Fall. Ds15 took WHA Geometry while in middle after AoPS Intro to Algebra the prior year. He had no problem with the algebra portion. He also did not use any other supplemental before starting Algebra 2 at WHA the next year.  We actually spent ~ 1.5 years on Algebra 1 just to make sure he had a solid foundation. Some of that was during Summer since we were doing math year round at the time.

You may also want to look at Algebra based Physics with Clover Creek Science which ds15 took and loved. Look up all the positive reviews on that course with forum member Jetta. Derek Owens is an asynchronous option which some seem to like as well.

Just be somewhat careful not to overload her with too much all at once. WHA Geometry is a solid high school level course which comes with a certain level of rigor and associated work she might not be accustomed to yet.

Edited by dereksurfs

I think your plan sounds fine as long as she is solid in Algebra 1 by next Fall. Ds15 took WHA Geometry while in middle after AoPS Intro to Algebra the prior year. He had no problem with the algebra portion. He also did not use any other supplemental before starting Algebra 2 at WHA the next year. We actually spent ~ 1.5 years on Algebra 1 just to make sure he had a solid foundation. Some of that was during Summer since we were doing math year round at the time.

You may also want to look at Algebra based Physics with Clover Creek Science which ds15 took and loved. Look up all the positive reviews on that course with forum member Jetta. Derek Owens is an asynchronous option which some seem to like as well.

Just be somewhat careful not to overload her with too much all at once. WHA Geometry is a solid high school level course which comes with a certain level of rigor and associated work she might not be accustomed to yet.

Thanks Derek! I looked into it once and was not sure wirh such young one if one day a week will be enough. I will look again.