Menu

Starting CAP Writing & Rhetoric with an older child

FarmingMomma

At one point I purchased Book 1: Fable, thinking I'd use it with my younger child, but he is much more the WWS type.  I wish I'd jumped in and started Fable with my oldest a couple of years ago.  I just assumed it was too young for her and sold the books.  I tried WWS with my oldest and it was a terrible fit for her.  

I used Narrative II with a 12 yr old 7th grader, and it went well. We switched programs for other reasons. My DS started later as well and will finish book 4 this year as a 6th grader. I'm fine with that. I like the program and see the progress.

The program is designed to alternate with grammar programs, so if you exclude that alternating you could do 3 books in a school year. So you could plan on book 3-5 in 8th, 6-8 in 9th, 9-10 in 10th and 11-12 in 11th.

Edited by Targhee

I am starting my reluctant 7th grade writer (ds) in book 6. I have been using the earlier books with my 3rd grader but, after looking inside all the available books, the skills taught starting in book 6 seem to be the best place to start for my ds.

Edited by chiefcookandbottlewasher