Menu

SAT Subtest-Biology question

Can you show where it says that? Not under the AP section, right?

Yes, it's high school level, and since we are going through the prep books now while using a Miller Levine, I feel pretty confident nfident saying that.

Some students will take SAT subject tests after taking an AP course, but that isn't supposed to be what the test is assessing.

I am looking at the SAT subtest for Biology and am confused.  On the college board, under how to prepare for this exam, it states taking an introductory college biology course would be helpful.  I am confused, isn't this subtest assessing high school biology knowledge?  

Can you show where it says that? Not under the AP section, right?

"Recommended Preparation 

It says introductory college preparatory course in biology which is a high school biology course.

• Like 2

"Recommended Preparation 

It says introductory college preparatory course in biology which is a high school biology course.

Agreed.

But why on earth does biology require a year of algebra???

• 2 weeks later...

"College prep" should mean that you hit the big five SAT Subject Test topic areas for biology, but ALSO get experience with scientific thinking, experimental design, and interpreting data tables and graphs.  Basic algebra is very helpful for that last one, not to mention things like probability and the Harvey-Weinberg equilibrium in population genetics.