Menu

Chemo in our child's future

Familia

I don't have much to add, but I am praying for your family.  My niece (she is 30 years old with a toddler) just finished chemo for lymphoma about 3 months ago and she has no evidence of cancer right now and has a really good prognosis. 

I agree with a previous poster about working to help him keep contact with his school friends.  We have a local boy who is home getting treatment for a rare cancer.  His college friends and his old high school friends have set up a facebook page as support for him.  His family has talked about how important that has been for his positive outlook. 

I'm sorry, it wouldn't let me type anything in that reply!?

Reconnection is so important, thank you for the encouragement. Yesterday, we invited friends over and a few extra teens showed up, and they played poker for hours. It released a lot of anxiety we were having and made things seem normal. Today is so much better.

Ds's symptoms are such that they are awaiting more testing before treatment begins so that, they said, they can get it just right. He is very optimistic and taking them at their word regarding extent of expected treatment time. Of course, we all know how fragile this is, though...living in the moment, enjoying our haven of home, and thanking God for his graces!

• Like 4

Blanket or easy to put on sweater/sweatshirt for chemo.  

Supplies in the car for the ride home from chemo- bowl/bag, towel/wipes

Not sure with a guy what to suggest re: hair loss, but maybe get some cool hats/caps-- a really good wig made a big difference to my sis

(btw- she had Hodgkin's 10+ years ago and is cancer-free today)

As others mentioned--talk to him/doctors about the future fertility issues.

• Like 1