Menu

OK, you have convinced me to at least consider a fitbit.....but which one?

ProudGrandma

My insurance company has an incentive where they will pay up to $100 towards a fitbit from their list of choices.  The choices that I am considering are:

Alta

Charge

Charge 2

Charge HR

after looking on Amazon, many of the complaints I have read were, inaccurate step count and bands falling apart.  So are those common problems? 

Which one of these would you pick?

thanks for your opinions.

Edited by NEprairiemom

I have the Alta. I love this one as it is small yet shows the info I want to see without using the phone all the time. It displays the step count, miles, calories burned, and the active minutes. And as a bonus, it shows my text messages if I am in a reasonable range to my phone. Great for when I have the phone on the charger and I am doing things around the house. You don't have to use this feature but I love it.

The Alta and Charge 2 are the only current models on your list. You can probably still buy the others from Amazon or other sellers but Fitbit has stopped selling them.  I have a Charge HR that I like but it didn't last a year before being replaced under warranty and my replacement probably won't last much longer- the battery is already having trouble holding a charge. 

I would advise you not to buy a model that Fitbit is no longer selling because if you have trouble with it under warranty it might be an issue. I've heard some people being offered $20 towards a new model, which would stink.  My replacement was a refurbished unit.  

Edited by Annie G

Of your list the Charge 2. I honestly do not understand the appeal of the Alta because unlike the less expensive Flex 2 it is not waterproof. And it only is about $20 less than the Charge 2, but it doesn't have the HR. The only advantage I can gather about it compared to Charge 2 is it is slightly smaller.

I think if you are not a swimmer and you do anything aerobic for exercise, get a Charge 2. If you are a swimmer, get the Flex 2.

I wouldn't get a Charge HR (I had one) because the bands do break and are not replaceable. Mine also stopped syncing.