Menu

PSA: For early income tax filers

Lanny

Some people on WTM file their Income Tax returns very early, so they get their refund early. I just received an email from https://www.freetaxusa.com/ The I.R.S. will begin processing 2016 returns on January 23, 2017.  You can prepare your 2016 return now and it will be submitted to the I.R.S. when they begin receiving returns. The Federal return is free. If you also need a state return,  I think that is $12.95 extra.  Use Code FREETAXUSA10 at checkout, for a 10% discount...

• Like 2

Also it has to be noted (my MIL informed me of this the other day)

"The IRS will begin to release EITC/ACTC refunds starting Feb. 15. However, the IRS cautions taxpayers that these refunds likely won’t arrive in bank accounts or debit cards until the week of February 27 -- if there are no processing issues with the tax return and the taxpayer chose direct deposit. This additional period is due to several factors, including banking and financial systems needing time to process deposits."

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

• Like 1

Usually I'm an early filer but this year we are gonna wait because ours has both of those credits and just to make sure things don't change once Trump is inaugurated. It seems like when Obama was first elected that something changed once he was inaugurated (or within that first 90 days)

• Like 2

Damn girl!  You rock.

I want to do them now, but we haven't gotten any forms from stuff yet.

Hahaha!  Thanks!  No, just little money so it was easy to do!

But it is really nice to be told I rock at something!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Jenn

• Like 2