Menu

Spanish for Children A

Since this is designed for younger children the pace is not adequate for a year of high school work. Perhaps Spanish for Children A plus extra conversation could be the first semester of a high school course and Spanish for Children B the second semester.

There would need to be more vocab, but the grammar concepts are probably similar to first semester of high school Spanish 1. DD only made it through half of SfC A (and all of GSWS) plus oodles of Duolingo, but found she already knew the grammar for a lot of Spanish 1 and some of the vocab. So, she just had to get used to the format of an online class, memorize the rest of the vocab, and actually converse in Spanish. 

I would say "more vocab" and "more conversation."

Find someone local to converse with? italki?

Supplement with Practice Makes Perfect Vocab and/or daily Duolingo?

And maybe watch that Spanish soap opera (whatever it is called)? -- I might wait until 2nd semester for this and Duo if I'm not a whole to parts person. (I'm very much a parts-to-whole, so Duo & listening to Spanish were torture until I had more under my belt. But I love to watch much-loved movies in Spanish or (better) French now - since I know them well in English & can pick up enough of the language to make it interesting. I just can't LEARN that way. But some people can & do it better that way.)