Menu

Exercise mats?

Mama Geek

We have tile floor through out our house.  I would like to get an exercise mat that is oversized because I would like to use a foam roller on my back, legs hips etc.  I would prefer something at least twice the size of most of the mats I have seen and I would like to be able to roll it up while not in use.  Does anyone have something that they like that doesn't cost a fortune, I saw one or 2 in the $130 range and that just seems crazy to me.

The best thing I've found and used are those interlocking foam squares.  Walmart has a set of 6 24" x 24" mats that you can arrange how you like--we own 3 sets of them.  LOL  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-6-Piece-Puzzle-Mat/43524147  (I use them for exercise and we also line the floor of our camping tent with them. They've held up for years!)  Obviously they don't roll up but they are easy to take apart and put back together if you have a space to store them.  I just slide them between my treadmill and the wall or wherever.

• Like 1

I have a yoga mat which I don't think is thick enough for a tile floor. I have tried it when I was on vacation and it was just too thin for floor stuff for me. I had some pain.  

THIS, however, I puffy heart love:  https://www.amazon.com/Everlast-2x6-Folding-Mat/dp/B0048GY8F0  It does not roll up but you can fold it and put it to the side. My kids are constantly using it for stuff too (it makes a good barrier for Nerf wars).  All things considered, it is a good price also. I have had mine since 2014 and it's still going strong!