Menu

Like TOG but not....

3girls4me

Hi ladies

Does anyone have a curriculum they like that has a TOG feel but not as intense or overwhelming? I like the discussion outlines and there being so much info in the TM but I just don't want to try to navigate TOG. Any other suggestions of something that has great questions, discussion points and lots of info in the manual?

Thanks!!

Hi ladies

Does anyone have a curriculum they like that has a TOG feel but not as intense or overwhelming? I like the discussion outlines and there being so much info in the TM but I just don't want to try to navigate TOG. Any other suggestions of something that has great questions, discussion points and lots of info in the manual?

Thanks!!

What ages are you working with? 

I have yet to run across anything as comprehensive as TOG that didn't require a bunch of research and piecing together on my end. Hopefully others can pipe in though. Like mamamoose mention, Biblioplan popped in my head but I've never used it so not sure. I can tell you that Sonlight isn't the answer on that front though. Great books- spectacular books, not great background or discussion questions (imo) so I've at least eliminated one for you. :) 

If you want discussion questions on specific pieces of literature, that's an easier question to answer, but from your question I'm assuming you want the overall piece- history, lit all of it, rather than book by book, correct? 

I haven't used, but have looked at the new Beautiful Feet guides. I wasn't impressed 5 years ago, but the newer guides look really nice. I tried and didn't really care for Biblioplan. Honestly, I think I've tried almost everything out there and finally landed with TOG. I love that I can make it as easy or as involved as I need it to be.

If you like the history part of TOG but don't want to deal with the Literature/Geography/Worldview or other segments just drop them.  You can pursue the subjects on your own if desired with other programs.  You don't loose anything if you only read the primary history sources and do a few of those activities. My best advice is to use TOG as a menu to choose topics from that suit your family.