Menu

Can I put Minecraft on my Mac?

MamaBearTeacher

i decided that I want to get Minecraft for my son for Christmas on our MacBook Air.  I called Applecare twice to find out the best way to do this and they weren't much help.  They said to get it from the App Store but when they looked in the App store they could not find it.  There are downloads and free downloads when I google but I don't know what to get.  The people at Applecare told me that anything free would contain advertising and might contain Malware.  I don't even really know what Malware is but I don't want any computer problems.  We only have one computer and I am not willing to risk it crashing.  They said not to get anything that says MacKeeper because that is Malware.

Which download should I use?  I want to put it on Christmas morning so he doesn't see it until then.  I would rather a free download to start in case he doesn't like it but if a paid download has no advertising, I would prefer that if it was not too expensive.

Anyone here have Minecraft on their MacBook Air and know a safe site?

Go directly to the Mojang website. That's where dh and ds got ours. It was like ~$30

https://minecraft.net/en/

ETA: If you're worried he might not like it, perhaps your locsl library has Minecraft programs where he can go and try it out. Our library has had several drop-in type programs where the kids can get a chance to play on the library server.

I asked my in-house Minecraft expert (ds) and he says there is no free version for Mac.

Edited by mamaraby
  • Like 1

Thanks!  This is what I need!  Simple.  $30 is not too much.  I think he will use it enough.

------

Go directly to the Mojang website. That's where dh and ds got ours. It was like ~$30

https://minecraft.net/en/

ETA: If you're worried he might not like it, perhaps your locsl library has Minecraft programs where he can go and try it out. Our library has had several drop-in type programs where the kids can get a chance to play on the library server.

I asked my in-house Minecraft expert (ds) and he says there is no free version for Mac.