Menu

Is a there a resource that ranks out of state tuition costs...

bettyandbob

I know lists will include tuition. I'd like to see a list of state schools in order of out of state tuition price. Just the basics. Not this state has good merit aid or that school will treat you as in state if you have X SAT score. Just a losing of starting oos tuition. Is there such a thing. It would be nice in college searches to look at a list like that and draw a line and say all these below this line are financial safeties even if aid award is not good. It's nice to know right off the bat there are options. Then looking at those schools for good academic fit. After that throw in schools where finances are more dependent on merit awards.

I remember someone posting a list where it showed average in-state and out of state tuition for each state. That might help. Also, remember that many states have tuition agreements. My dd is going to a school in a neighboring state that gives in state tuition to all its border states. 

There actually is a list by tuition. However, there are 2,448 colleges on the list, including private schools, seminaries, etc. I think it would be hard to use as you are suggesting.

http://www.collegecalc.org/lists/america/most-affordable-out-of-state-tuition/?start=201

If you have certain states you are interested in, it might be easier to look up tuition for all public colleges in those states. It may take more effort, but same amount of time as looking through the collegecalc list.