Menu

Computer programming - which Khan course?

My 14yo is currently taking the Computer Science 101 course from Stanford online and really enjoying it. If he is interested in programming and wants to continue learning, I was thinking of having him continue with something from Khan Academy. Which course would you recommend he take after this one? Would he do the Hour of Code? Or the computer programming course? I'm not sure what the differences are between all the courses they offer. Thank you for any help.

• Like 1

Giving you a bump.

My ds has learned to code online and has done lots of free courses but I don't remember if he has used Kahn. The beauty of the free courses really is that your son can pick what he wants to do next and try it.

Good for your DS!  He might also look here:  https://www.canvas.net/   I am not sure if all of their MOOC courses are free or not.  I am interested in taking 1 or 2 courses from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University on Canvas.Net, if ERAU offers them  again.  I missed them the first time.   I would suggest that if he gets into this that he has a system that he can install the Linux Operating System on (that's free) and which has a ton of languages and development tools one can install free. Can be on a separate computer or on a "Dual Boot" system.  FREE...  I would suggest that when he is ready, that he consider learning an Object Oriented language like C++   

Edited by Lanny

Giving you a bump.

My ds has learned to code online and has done lots of free courses but I don't remember if he has used Kahn. The beauty of the free courses really is that your son can pick what he wants to do next and try it.

True. So maybe it doesn't matter too much what he does next. Thanks!