Menu

Timeline for 7 yr old

Earthmerlin

Howdy. My 7 year old's become interested in eras--time periods & how they relate to each other. A visual would be helpful. Any suggestions? Perhaps a foldable or even a poster? A pre-made one is fine but I was also thinking of a template too, so we can add things as we go along. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I'm reviving this thread because I need a foldable world history timeline that's simple--that includes majour events, etc. but isn't overwhelming (and cluttered). I prefer pictures to go with brief text. One that isn't a million miles long---that can be easily folded up for storage. All I see online are 20+ feet long. I don't want a book at this point. Something short & sweet and accessible for a young visual learner.

Tan books has one that is already filled in, and shows well different civilizations at the same time, but is really only western countries (not China/Africa/Etc).  And only has Ancient and Medieval so far. 

Pandia Press has ones for each time period, plus stickers you can get to put on them. I laminated mine. (oh, and their customer service is AMAZING!) https://www.pandiapress.com/product-category/timelines/

timeline-product-photo.jpg

• Like 4