Menu

For those on eating plans , what are you doing to plan for the holidays?

KatieJ

I started a medical weight loss journey 5 weeks ago. My daily calorie limit is 1500. I have stayed below thst and having great success.

However, thanksgiving is there.

Any ideas for foods that allow you to enjoy the day and not go off your eating plan?

Protein is my main goal, followed by veggies.

I do plan on eating a piece of pie.

Any good menus ?

• Like 1

I think it's actually not too hard to eat healthy on Thanksgiving--but I don't like the creamy sides that some love. We do a smoked turkey, green salad, veggie and fruit platters. I'm pretty sure I could fit in 1 roll and a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and stay under 1500 calories for the day.

I eat LC.  Thanksgiving can easily be LC thankfully.  I will probably go over my usual limits with something I REALLY love.  That would be mashed potatoes, but I plan to do half potato and half cauliflower.  I won't even notice the difference.  I am not a big dessert eater, but I'm planning maybe a sugar free cheese cake. 

I'm debating if I'll do the stuffing.  I might do something new and add on another vegetable.  Maybe asparagus with Hollandaise sauce.  That's so good...mmmm....

Doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice does it.  LOL

• Like 1

It's the stuffing , potatoes and gravy that I will need to monitor. Not much you can Do besides not eat them.

My DH said he didn't care if made stuffing.  I'm going to ask everyone else.  Not like I can't control myself, but I don't want piles of leftover stuffing.  I'll end up throwing it out because it is only 5 of us in total. 

I am sticking to my plan. A small amount of mashed potatoes with a pat of butter and some salt and pepper, two celery sticks, two carrot sticks, 1.5 cups of green beans, 4 oz of turkey breast, water and coffee. No dessert.

Not fun, but I find that I do not do well when I allow splurges and end up having cravings that are hard not to five in to the next day. At breakfast I will have eaten a boiled egg and a few almonds so that will help, and if I have not reached my 1200 calorie limit with all of that, will have a small amount of potatoes and turkey in the evening with a large helping of veggies. Not fruit. No sweets, not even squash.

• Like 2

I love stuffing and only eat it once a year on Thanksgiving, so I will definitely indulge.  Same with chocolate chip pumpkin bread.  I haven't decided about the homemade cranberry sauce yet.  I like it, but don't love it.  Other than that, I'll pass on the potatoes, bread, and pie.  I'll go over for the day, but it shouldn't be terrible and I will get back on the plan in a day or two when the stuffing/pumpkin bread is gone.  

• Like 1