Menu

Doc called with results

SparklyUnicorn

Perfect results on cholesterol and glucose.  She didn't test for magnesium (or anything else).  I was under the impression she was going to, but probably should have reminded her when I went. 

Sooo...I think I will find a GI doc and see if I can make some headway there. 

Thanks for listening to me moan about this.  LOL  Not like I gave anyone a choice.  :laugh:

• Like 9

I read your other thread and wanted to say about your achey legs...

I've had achey legs all my life!  Eventually it turned into RLS.  So now I have achey legs AND RLS.  Have you looked into RLS at all?  It comes and goes, as do my aches, but they are both especially bad at night when I'm tired.  I've found that what helps most of all is upping my magnesium and iron.  Otherwise, I'm in very good health.

So, I think your thought that your medication is sucking up magnesium is insightful.  Why don't you give magnesium a try?

Also, with the iron, I had to take a high dose for about a month, and after that, a more regular daily dose.  That improved my leg aches and RLS so much!

• Like 2

Did you measure vitamin D? If not, try taking a little more and see what the effect is. I keep my levels in the high range of normal and that is enough to counter the joint pain side effect of my other med.

Did you measure vitamin D? If not, try taking a little more and see what the effect is. I keep my levels in the high range of normal and that is enough to counter the joint pain side effect of my other med.

I used to take it because my husband was told he was low.  Not to copy him but he used to offer me some gummies in the morning so I'd take them and that became an ongoing thing.  It's not a bad idea because it's only light out about 2 hours a day now (it feels that way anyway).