Menu

5 ways to disrupt racism video

bibiche

Related to the link I posted the other day on how to help if someone is being harrassed/attacked.  

is a video put out by The Racial Justice Network in the UK, but just as racism isn't particular to one country, neither is anti-racism so I think it is useful everywhere.  

I'll take advantage to link to the race, racism, anti-racism resource thread: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/628619-on-race-racism-and-anti-racism-list-of-resources/?hl=%2Brace%2C+%2Bracism&do=findComment&comment=7281013

Edited by bibiche
  • Like 10

This was very helpful to me, as was your previous post about just striking up conversation with the attacked person & ignoring the attacker.  I really appreciate that our country has liberal free speech laws, but sometimes it enables such hateful situations to develop.  I am just a lurker, but I wanted to applaud your recent posts about awareness of racial issues.

ETA: I rated the thread five stars.  ;)

Edited by Ananda
  • Like 4

That's a great simple video, bibiche.  Thanks!  

I have been riding the train into the city more recently, but luckily have not seen any incidents yet.  The idea that I might is a bit terrifying, but in the video she treats everything so calmly and quietly.  I think it's a good thing for everyone to have in their head as mental support if this happens to or in front of them.

• Like 3

This was very helpful to me, as was your previous post about just striking up conversation with the attacked person & ignoring the attacker. I really appreciate that our country has liberal free speech laws, but sometimes it enables such hateful situations to develop. I am just a lurker, but I wanted to applaud your recent posts about awareness of racial issues.

ETA: I rated the thread five stars. ;)

I am glad it was helpful to you, Ananda. And thank you for your remark. It is uncomfortable to think about and discuss racism and recognise the biases we all have, but I strongly believe shining a light on racism rather than ignoring it is the only way it will ever be eradicated.

• Like 1

That's a great simple video, bibiche. Thanks!

I have been riding the train into the city more recently, but luckily have not seen any incidents yet. The idea that I might is a bit terrifying, but in the video she treats everything so calmly and quietly. I think it's a good thing for everyone to have in their head as mental support if this happens to or in front of them.

Yes, I love how she so calmly explains what we can do to help. :)

I hope there will be no incidents, but yes, it's good to have some tools if we need them.