Menu

Science, but fiction, what genre? And book review please?

A few months ago some one was telling me about this book. It's fictional, but with strong, factual science information. What genre is that considered? 

Before it was only an iBook. I got a notice that it's now available in print. Has anyone read it? It looks very intriguing and I'm debating on purchasing...

A few months ago some one was telling me about this book. It's fictional, but with strong, factual science information. What genre is that considered? 

Before it was only an iBook. I got a notice that it's now available in print. Has anyone read it? It looks very intriguing and I'm debating on purchasing...

Giving you a bump as I've no review to share.  To answer your first question, I see that the blurb states, "Book 1 in The Journals of Evergreen Isle series, a science education fiction series for middle grade readers and up."  So perhaps science education fiction is considered a genre.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

Sounds like it's the same genre as those Barefoot Meandering books - The Quark Chronicles. Or the Sassafras Science books.

It's self-published (which is fine, it still could be great) and brand new, so I assume whoever knew about it knows the author or is only a few degrees separated from him. Anyone who has a review at this point most likely knows the author.

The bigger question is why in the world would you issue a self-published book in this day and age only as a physical book and not give a preview for it on the world's largest online bookseller? Color me baffled. I can't imagine buying something like that without at least a Look Inside.

• Like 3