Menu

Bravewriter questions

There are usually about 3 assignments due per week with at least two days to get it done. The assignments generally can be done in one sitting. I'd say that most of the assignments take less than 1/2 an hour. In addition to the writing assignments, there will be time spent with some reading assignments as well as time spent reading teacher feedback on your own as well as other's assignments.

I can think of two assignments that both my boys needed help on - one was a little longer and one very short, but needed some parental handholding.

I think the Kidswrite Intermediate class gives a great foundation for high school writing without the pressure of creating polished pieces.

• Like 4

There are usually about 3 assignments due per week with at least two days to get it done. The assignments generally can be done in one sitting. I'd say that most of the assignments take less than 1/2 an hour. In addition to the writing assignments, there will be time spent with some reading assignments as well as time spent reading teacher feedback on your own as well as other's assignments.

I can think of two assignments that both my boys needed help on - one was a little longer and one very short, but needed some parental handholding.

I think the Kidswrite Intermediate class gives a great foundation for high school writing without the pressure of creating polished pieces.

Thanks! That seems do-able. He doesn't like to write but he really needs the help. I love the idea of these short courses too. I'm going to try to git in a few. 

My ultra-slow student took longer, but I don't think that would be the case even for most writing-phobic kids. I think Brave Writer does a great job of breaking things down into manageable chunks and then giving lots of positive reinforcement and great feedback. I'm impressed with the feedback across the board to poor writers as well as good writers.

For their more intense classes, everything is still broken down into bite size pieces.

• Like 1

My ds took KWI this last summer and it did not take a lot of time. The longest and hardest assignment for him involved finding quotations from someone who the teacher of the class would consider an "expert" in his/her field and then working on paraphrasing what was said. Finding suitable quotations from someone considered to be an "expert" proved to be quite time consuming, at least for the topic my ds had chosen. He had quotes rejected on grounds of not coming from experts, not being suitable for paraphrasing, or having been embedded in a news article which was not allowed. Otherwise, I'd agree that time per day was 0 to 30 minutes.

• Like 2