Menu

DH's realization about ASD

Yesterday dh and I drove down the road to pick up some hay bales from a friend. Said friend's 16 year old helped us by working the tractor to load it onto the back of our truck. On our way home dh remarked about the incredible difference between our 16 year with ASD and our friends 16 year old. Ds mows the lawn on a ride on mower, but we would never dream of putting him on our tractor. I think it kind of hit home for dh about the severity of the diagnosis. He was not in denial or anything but I think something clicked for him. Just wanted to share. Thanks for listening.

• Like 7

I totally get that! My son's need for "control" is a big problem for us with various responsibilities, privileges, and milestones. He's not manipulative, but he does need for things to work out certain ways, and if they do not, his better judgment goes right out the window. Sometimes he's even aware of it, but he can't change it. 

:grouphug:

• Like 2