Menu

Arrrgh! Dd will miss taking the PSAT and it 'counts'!

Guest Katia

My youngest dd was all set to take the PSAT in the morning. She had a swimming class today at the community college and managed to have a small disagreement with the diving board....and seriously sprained her foot! I took her right from the pool to the dr. office and he has had us icing her foot for 20 mins every hour today, and tomorrow we are to ice it 4 times during the day as well as massaging it with aspercream, and she is to stay off of it completely until the end of the week.

So....no PSAT for this dd, and the hardest part of this is: she is the ONE of my three kiddos that could have scored very, very well on this test. She's a good test taker and is smart. I am devastated for her, although she doesn't seem to care much: all she wants is another pain pill!

I told older dd today (the one at college) and she gave me a verbal slap in the face: "Pride goeth before a fall". Ouch! It's true. I was so proud that this dd could have scored so well.......oh well.

So, please feel sorry for me. I'm licking my wounds. Thanks.

I just read at the College Board website:

If you missed taking the PSAT/NMSQT in your junior year, you may still be able to enter programs conducted by National Merit Scholarship Corporation if you meet other requirements to enter the NMSC competitions (published in the Official Guide to the PSAT/NMSQT and on NMSC's website ). To request information about alternate testing after the October PSAT/NMSQT administration, write to NMSC as soon as possible but no later than March 1 following the PSAT/NMSQT administration that was missed. Your letter must be postmarked on or before March 1 for your request to be considered.

The website address where I found this is:

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/about/missedtest.html

Hope this helps.

Laura