Menu

Health/Internet Safety Question

I don't know if there's anything here that would be helpful, but this woman speaks in a lot of communities in our state (Ohio).  Her talks might be on youtube.  I follow her on facebook.  

http://www.overnightgeekuniversity.com/

ETA - I just realized that she targets her talks to parents and not students, but maybe you could contact her and ask for a recommendation?

Edited by Erica H

Erica, thanks so much. I'm going to contact Jesse W. and see if she has any suggestions. I'll report back if I find out anything in case anyone else wants to share this kind of information with their child.  "itsheresomewhere" how did you find the episodes of Dateline and 20/20? I  just started searching for them and I've found a lot of information that isn't quite relevant (and also been more than mildly shocked at some of things that I've found!). Would you share the episodes that you found? I really appreciate the help!!!

• Like 1

Erica, thanks so much. I'm going to contact Jesse W. and see if she has any suggestions. I'll report back if I find out anything in case anyone else wants to share this kind of information with their child.  "itsheresomewhere" how did you find the episodes of Dateline and 20/20? I  just started searching for them and I've found a lot of information that isn't quite relevant (and also been more than mildly shocked at some of things that I've found!). Would you share the episodes that you found? I really appreciate the help!!!

I am on my phone but google internet safety with either Dateline or 20/20.  Also, google Chris Hansen.  It should bring up quite a bit of information.  The episodes of To catch a predator are a really good starting point to discuss.