Menu

Third grade supplement for writing?

lindsey

We have been using WWE2 because it is our first year HSing and my 8yo (third grade) had never done dictation. We like it fine--we do two days a week, two activities a day. We're done in 10 minutes.

This feels like very little. What do you add in for your third grader, if anything? My son is a fairly capable writer (was writing way more in PS, which I know is not necessarily the level we need to aim for/may not have been entirely age-appropriate...but it honestly feels like we are doing too little right now) and a very strong reader. One or two other days I have him write a letter or a short story (a few sentences, nothing major), but I am not super creative or prepared with my ideas and prompts and he is kinda lazy with his efforts, so it's a bad combination. ;)

He doesn't complain about writing (print or cursive), just can't think of what to say. Was hoping for a program to supplement for that sort of thing. :)

Thanks all!!

We used to do IEW but had to drop it as we added for kids to our homeschool.

We are now using Writing and Rhetoric from CAP - not perfect by any means, but it has promise and certainly isn't as complicated as IEW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at this--is the CD necessary?