Menu

Medical Terminology Help? CT Results

fourcatmom

Tethered cord?

Originally I was thinking that or a syrinx but I thought a tethered cord would be in the Lumbar area, this is C and T. But I don't know. Maybe it can be higher too?

And, I think if it was a syrinx it would be in the center of the cord, not the front.

I can't seem to find a direct answer anywhere and we see the NS on Tuesday. Her primary doctor described it as pressure.

When you google it, that is the first thing that pops up but it says T and L areas, not C and T which makes it confusing.

Edited by fourcatmom

Ventral refers to the stomach....so it's displaced towards the front, rather than back or side to side.  I'm assuming it means that the spinal cord is more anterior from the level of C5 (just above the "bump" on the back of your neck near the shoulders) to t8 (t=thoracic....roughly mid-way down the rib cage).  Is it a congenital condition?  Are you or your loved one seeing a neuro-radiologist?

• Like 2

Ventral refers to the stomach....so it's displaced towards the front, rather than back or side to side.  I'm assuming it means that the spinal cord is more anterior from the level of C5 (just above the "bump" on the back of your neck near the shoulders) to t8 (t=thoracic....roughly mid-way down the rib cage).  Is it a congenital condition?  Are you or your loved one seeing a neuro-radiologist?

She is seeing a nuerosurgeon. We are trying to figure things out. I have a long post about it from over a year ago and these were the latest results. She does have Chiari which we found after a traumatic brain injury which never seemed to get better.

Her primary doctor described it as pressure pushing the spine forward, I guess. I was wondering what might be causing the pressure. I guess it's a hard question to answer and we have a follow up on Tuesday so I will know for sure but its a long weekend and I was just trying to understand what might be coming.

Edited by fourcatmom
  • Like 1