Menu

Reflex math

bethben

Just want to give a thumbs up for Reflex Math.  I got a sample subscription as a desperate attempt to quell the math monster that reared it's ugly head whenever math needed to be done.  So, if my daughter didn't complain and yell at me during math, she would get to do Reflex math instead of boring flash cards.  It's working!  

She LOVES reflex math.  She has to do some work to get the games, but the games actually continue to practice math facts instead of just being a video game.  It's $35 for the year, but after the math fights we have had, it's well worth it.  I just wanted to share because it's made a difference here.

• Like 1

Reflex math was the best thing I ever purchased for my dd to learn her math facts, after spending a ridiculous amount of money on every other  type of fact practice gadget, card or game that exists yet did not help her one bit.  I subscribed for several years because she enjoyed it and found it helpful to keep her facts sharp even after getting achieving mastery.  I highly recommend it also!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My youngest son is using Reflex and although he absolutely HATES the picture puzzle, he enjoys the games and he's definitely learning his facts. All summer long, our rule has been "Get your green light, then you're free for the rest of the day."

We used Xtramath for ages, and while it worked very well for my older son, my youngest just wasn't moving towards automaticity.

DS really liked Reflex at first, but you'd think that picture puzzle was killing him now based on his complaining. ;) It was money very well spent.

• Like 1