Menu

Has anyone been invited to join a fake Yahoo group?

I got an email inviting me to join lyndseymakenna25198369, which is not a group that I can find by searching, and I don't know who this is. I would like to respond to the email address (which is of course a Yahoo email) and ask who they are, because if it's a local homeschooler from my CM group or something, maybe I just don't know them by their email address, you know? But if I go to Yahoo Groups and search on this group name, nothing comes up.

I looked at the long headers on my email, and it doesn't have any weird stuff in there that I can tell. I hesitate to send email lest I get on some scary p*rn list or something like that.

If this is your group and you are my friend and you invited me - I'm sorry!!

I got an email inviting me to join lyndseymakenna25198369

I looked at the long headers on my email, and it doesn't have any weird stuff in there that I can tell. I hesitate to send email lest I get on some scary p*rn list or something like that.

That's your "weird stuff". I'd be *very* surprised if this was a valid invitation.

Thanks ladies. I think I've gotten one like this and ignored it. I'm debating reporting it to Yahoo - it says I should do that on the bottom of the message.

Sometimes those links are bogus to get more info on you. I never click on links from unknown emails or invites. I would go to Yahoo and figure out how to report from there. I think that is the safest thing to do.