Menu

I need freezer lunch/soup ideas

Catalytic

DH won't be able to come home for lunch anymore, so I sent a fridge with a tiny freezer and a microwave to work with him.  He loves soups, so I've been trying to get a good jump on filling the freezer with soups this week, and I need some more recipes that freeze well.  The kids started jobs in the past few weeks, as well, so I wouldn't mind a few entree types for the one that hates soups.

So far I have chili, Minnesota Wild Rice and Mushroom soup (yum ), Italian Basil Sausage soup (yum), Italian meatball soup (blah), and a spicy Asian chicken soup (yum, been a staple for a few years now). 

Planning to make these tomorrow/Tuesday:  Sausage lentil soup, Chicken Tortilla soupMediterranean Beef Stew, and Chicken and Dumplings.

Any suggestions for other pre-cooked soups/stews/entrees that freeze well?  The kids have fridges/freezers and microwaves at work, as well.

With DS6 and I starting school in a week, still building lots of furniture, driving the kids to and from work, HS co-op starting, and tons of new social commitments, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed in the coming weeks, so I'd like to get a LOT of meals in the freezer this week so DS6 and I can get into our HS rhythm without having to add extra things for  the first month or so.

My freezer staple is very brothy beef stew, and "shepherds pie" which for me is 1) make mash potatoes. 2) brown beef, add 2 tbsp flour and beef broth to form a little "gravy". 3) add frozen corn. Don't assemble and bake it. Portion it in freezer in individual thermos serving sizes... Just stir everything together - no layers. My personal fav to make (super efficient use of time) and DH fav to eat also :)