Menu

Khan Academy for self education

I'd like to brush up on my high school math and finally tackle learning calculus. Does anyone here have opinions on using Khan Academy for self education?

I like math but struggled in high school because of multiple international moves and the associated disconnect between school systems. I'd like to fill in the gaps, brush up on what I did learn, and push forward.

Other ideas for learning resources are welcome as well. So far Khan appeals to me because I can study in small increments and have multiple topic strands going at the same time--and it will track everything for me.

I am doing this!

I had a solid high school education, but haven't taken any math classes since; I would prefer to teach  my own kids math (for financial & quality-assurance reasons), so I am working through high school math on my own, using Khan. Just finished Algebra II, and am part-way through Pre-Calc (they are in Algebra, gotta keep my pace up!).

(And I am way more excited about "energy points" than is probably logical. Haha!)

• Like 1