Menu

Best way to keep rug in place on carpet?

quark

Feel a little silly to ask. :tongue_smilie:

I bought a runner and matching rug for DS's room. The floor is carpeted. The runner and rug are for heavy traffic areas and also add some much needed pops of color to his room. But try as I might (with rug gripping sticker etc), the runner and rug keep slipping and moving around even when we lightly walk on them. When I google things like carpet pins, Amazon shows a twisty upholstery pin like thingy. Is that what I should use to keep the runner and rug in place?

I am a bit worried that it could slip out and poke DS's feet if he is not careful. And who wants to watch a rug every time you walk on one? The ends look very pointy and sharp. Do those things stay in place when used to secure a rug to a carpeted floor?

I have carpet pad designed for this exact problem under my rugs which are on carpet.  I'm pretty sure I bought it at Lowe's or Home Depot.  It was on a bolt - you just buy the amount you need and cut it a bit smaller than your rug.  

I don't know if there are other ways to buy it or not, but that's how I did it.

Works great!

Anne

• Like 1

Yep, carpet pad. Get the kind made for carpet-rug instead of hard floor. I have been happy with ones from overstock.com, but it looks like amazon carries similar ones now too. Example: https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Plush-Non-Slip-Surfaces-Carpet/dp/B002UZI1CC/ Some of the rubber pads can hurt the carpet or flooring. There's also a tape, but I haven't tried it. 

Edited by zoobie
  • Like 1